City of Sealy awaiting lab results on water quality

Time to read
1 minute
Read so far

City of Sealy awaiting lab results on water quality

Mon, 02/22/2021 - 11:08
Posted in:
Subheader body

Residents can sign up for the public notification system to receive updates

In-page image(s)

As of Monday morning, City of Sealy officials were waiting for lab results on the city’s water quality according to Mayor Carolyn Bilski.

Residents can sign up for the city’s public notification system and be notified when the boil water notice will be officially lifted. Notification settings can also be tailored to provide updates on the city, buildings and public works by visiting

“The City of Sealy staff have been working diligently to safely manage the challenges this past week's weather event created,” Bilski said in a Monday email. “Electrical outages and extremely low temperatures have compounded city infrastructure resulting in no water and then extremely low water pressure which ultimately resulted in a boil water notice. The city staff is working aggressively to solve all the challenges to provide safe drinking water.”

Bilski said the city has distributed water to the most vulnerable residents but there is not enough for city-wide distribution.

“If you truly are still without water and cannot make it out to the store to get water, you can call the Sealy Police Department,” Bilski said in a Monday morning phone interview.

The mayor emphasized that the city does not have enough for widespread distribution but can get water to those who need it.

“It’s not for general consumption, those who are in the most need for water and are unable to get it can receive some,” Bilski said. “Thank you for your patience, for your kindness to others in need and put your constructive suggestions in writing and get to (interim city manager) Warren Escovy, myself, council members and staff. ... Updates will follow as quickly as available. If you have not been receiving phone or email message updates, please go by city hall and complete the appropriate form or go to the website"