– The same license for conceal carry applies to open carry. A license holder does not need to retake the course or pay an additional fee.
– Handguns must be properly holstered.
– Licensed handgun owners can open carry in the same places they could conceal carry.
– Guns may not be carried in school facilities, courtrooms, places of governmental meetings, jails/prisons, polling places, airports, racetracks, amusement parks, while holder is intoxicated, and establishments that have proper signage prohibiting guns.
– A “campus concealed carry exception” will allow a license holder to carry a concealed handgun on a college campus after Aug. 1, 2016.
– A law enforcement officer may ask to see a handgun license at any time.
– If a person carries a handgun into a prohibited area, they can be asked to leave without incident. Failing to do so can result in a trespassing charge.