The Texas Water Development Board (TWDB) approved financial assistance totaling $3.7 million for rural water projects on Monday.
- $234,219 to the Greater Texoma Utility Authority (Grayson County) on behalf of the City of Sadler for wastewater system improvements
- $2.7 million to the City of Granbury (Hood County) for water system improvements
- $200,000 to the New Ulm Water Supply Corporation (Austin and Colorado counties) for water system improvements
- $200,000 to the City of Fayetteville (Fayette County) for water system improvements
- $200,000 to the La Salle Landing Water Supply Corporation (Jackson County) for water system improvements
- $140,000 to Derby, Ing. (Frio County) for water system improvements
The TWDB is the state agency charged with collecting and disseminating water-related data, assisting with regional planning and preparing the state water plan for the development of the state’s water resources. The TWDB administers cost-effective financial assistance programs for the construction of water supply, wastewater treatment, flood control, and agricultural water conservation projects.