BURKBURNETT – The Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service in Wichita County will host the Rolling Plains Applicator Training Dec. 5 in the Wichita County Precinct 2 Shop, 102 W. College, Burkburnett.
Registration will begin at 8:30 a.m. The fee is $30 and covers lunch and five Texas Department of Agriculture continuing education units for private, commercial and non-commercial pesticide applicator license holders.
Those planning to attend should RSVP to David Graf, AgriLife Extension agriculture and natural resources agent for Wichita County, at 940-716-8610 or email@example.com by Dec. 1.
The program topics and speakers will be:
– Texas Department of Agriculture Laws and Regulations –Worker and Environmental Safety, Henry Krusekopf, TDA field inspector, Wichita Falls.
– Aquatic Weed Control and Environmental Considerations, Dennis Markwardt, Texas Department of Transportation, Wichita Falls.
– Right-of-Way Weed Management, Herbicide Selection and Annual Planning, Markwardt.
– Critter Control – Ants, Rodents and More, Markwardt.
– Herbicide Application–Trees, Shrubs and Preventing Conflict, Markwardt.
– Evaluation/ Discussion of needs for 2018, Graf.
The program will end by 2:45 p.m. and all sessions must be attended to earn CEUs, Graf said.