Austin County Fair Country Store offers something for all

Posted

The Country Store of the 90th annual Austin County Fair will offer a variety of gifts for friends, family and seasonal decorators. Shoppers will find a showcase of local talent located within the Expo Building. Also, T-shirts and caps to commemorate the 90th anniversary will be available in youth and adult sizes.

Any person who lives in Austin County and enters an item for competition in the Home Economics department is welcome to sell their items in the Country Store. Each item entered must be made by the person who enters it. No commercial items are allowed.

Entrants will receive 80 percent of the profit with the remaining 20 percent going to the Austin County Fair Association. The proceeds will benefit the youth and adults who participate in the fair. All participants will be asked to work a shift during the fair.

The Austin County Fair catalog lists hundreds of items that can be entered, including fabric creations, handicrafts, seasonal décor, woodwork, quilts, needlework and jewelry. All canned goods must be made in the past year, labeled and secured with rims.

Items can be delivered Monday, Oct. 9 from 4-6:45 p.m. and Tuesday, October 10 from 9-11:45 a.m. Additional items can be delivered daily during store hours.

The Country Store will be open during the following hours:

Tuesday, Oct. 10 - 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.

Wednesday, Oct. 11 - 2 p.m. to 10 p.m.

Thursday, Oct. 12 - 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.

Friday, Oct. 13 - noon to 10 p.m.

Saturday, Oct. 14 - 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.

Sunday, Oct. 15 - noon to 3 p.m.

Entry cards and Home Economics Catalogs may be picked up at the Texas A&M AgriLIFE office located at 20 South Holland (Bellville) or at the Austin County Fair Office in Bellville.

For more information, call the Texas A&M AgriLIFE office at (979) 865-2072 or the Austin County Fair Office at (979)865-5995 or Carolyn Balke at (979) 830-0796.

Comments

No comments on this story | Please log in to comment by clicking here
Please log in or register to add your comment